Saturday, January 28, 2012

How Times Fly...My Daughter Khyatee.........

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs
How TIMES Fly…

It seems only like the other day when I would Secure her hands and take her to her School…in KG 1

Now she has already reached Standard 1X…

A girl who would always turn to us and seek advice and now she grown up to be an Independent, Intelligent Little Enfant Terrible…

It was only during the recent 10th Annual Day Function did I fathom That my “Child “ has Grown up when I closely watched her performing Bharatnatyam Dance during her School Functions…

One more year and she crosses her first Milepost that we all so reverently refer to as Standard X.

Do I miss her Childhood??????????

Certainly, YES…

Have I been a good Parent ….The Answer to that Question definitely lies in the Womb of the Future when she presents herself as the Girl to the Real World…
As per my Part or should I say OUR part we have done our best. (Credit goes more to my better half that is for sure ) I have hidden myself many a times in that Crappy World of Busyness where a Single word “ I am busy “atoned for all the Sins…And Her mom would do the Rest…

Here I recollect having read a Letter from King to His daughter which I cherished a Lot …The words are his but the thoughts are mine too…
“Whenever you need Me, you can walk right into My heavenly courts. I always will have time for you, My lovely princess. When I see the temple doors swing open, I just delight hearing the pitter-patter of your feet as you enter the grand hall. I have been waiting for you. I so want to listen to you share what is on your mind. When you need help, ask. I have wisdom to give to you. If you are afraid, come, I will protect you. When you need to rest, seek Me, I long to bring you into My peace.
Walk in assurance, knowing you belong to Me. Everything you ever need will be provided for you. Know that I, The King of Kings, will always let you, my precious daughter, receive the best I have to give. Allow me to lavish my time and treasures on you, my sweet Princess! You bring such joy to My heart!”

You amaze me, My dear Khyatee, You teach me. You have taught me more about what unconditional love is. It’s given me a firsthand glimmer of how God must feel toward us. I am a better person because of you, so thank you
 I know where your bruises are, and I how you got many of them. I know the scar on your eyebrow, while hoping it will fade. I know that when you hurt your head that it feels better after you put your head to mine. I know the sound of your laugh better than I know my own. I know the smell of your breath when you wake up. I know what helps you fall asleep. I know the way you fit so snugly in my arms. I know your tears and what they mean. 
My Little Khyatee, I love your growing up though in my hearts of heart I still feel your “Childishness” should never abandon you…
The Very Thought of Sending you away even for Studies sends shivers up my spine and would spend many a sleepless night….
My Child, My Brat…My Enfant Terrible…Be As Close as Possible….
Love could manifest in various ways…but I love the way u get your things done though me in your own little ways…Thanks for also teaching me to Stand Patient while I am Shopping…You are my best mentor and have helped me dress better…I ,Who would Rush out of the Showroom in Flat 15 mins ,you have always hold the Fort and done your bit and seen me through the whole process of buying Judiciously…You have patiently taken those tantrums of mine and taught me to RELAX….
Now Since I have written so much in your Praise if you expect me to BUY a New Mobile for you as Soon As you Want it, you are sadly mistaken my Dear….Since Now I am going to take years before you could have a New One……

HEHEHEHE……There u go ….Into my Trap…..

Love you.......Paaaaaa......

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post to your beautiful daughter.

Khyateethakkar said...

Well written dad.....love u lotZ!!!

Rajesh Thakkar said...

Thankx alot to @superrelish and Khyatee thakkar

Vivek Kumar Dalmia said...

Superlative!


I think one day I might get inspired to write something!

Rajesh Thakkar said...

You should Vivek ..And thankx for your kind words!!!

Dipti Shroff said...

Amazing..........Emotions in Words.Living Words.......

Dipti Shroff said...

Amazing......Living Words..........

Alka Gurha said...

Daughters are a blessing. I wish I had one.My best wishes for your little one.

Rajesh Thakkar said...

Thankx Alka