Tuesday, January 15, 2013

FORGET ME NOT



How Often one does outrages one’s OWN TRUE  NATURE…

When it’s all in a family, things get so much easier…and You all are a Family..

Now since it’s all in the family, let me confess that I belong to the Memory Challenged  Club,

Once, Long ago I had sharp memory, which has decided to retire to the Southern Hemisphere of my brain to an obscure village where in there are no phones…

You just give a blind stare to someone at a marriage ceremony and  promptly fail to figure out who the hell He/She is…and it turns out that she’s your aunty who you have not met since ages, and she is the living encyclopedia on the Earth ,knowing each tit bits about you…*Awkward Moment*.

God in his wisdom, when HE created me, was not in his best of moods, or may be had that brawl with better half, which left him stunned and stoned and he was not at all paying attention to my creation…specially the Cranium Part…

Or else how do you explain my sudden fits of memory loss…more often going on long vacations…

Many a times it(the name) is poised on the tip of my tongue…I struggle to remember, and hey presto!!! Next minute it’s not even lurking in the remotest corner of my spleen….PHEW……….

You tell me to relate instances of yore days ,when I was still a child and I will possibly relate the experiences extempore, ask me to remember the name of my next door neighbor or a business associate with whom I interact on a regular basis, and I am blank…

Not to talk of keys, wallets, mobiles, debit cards, driving license, glares and Specs etc.. Which I am wont to forget and the whole Universe comes Crashing down.

I call someone on phone and forget who the hell I am calling in the first place, the phone at the other end gets picked up and I am aghast….how do I start conversation without knowing who did I call for that matter..!!!

It still is a mystery to me and even to the God who created me how on earth did I get through those History lessons, where they asked when was Akbar Born and in which year the Battle of Plessey was fought..

And Songs, now please don’t even mention it…I love songs and music and all that…but don’t even bother to hear me sing with right lyrics…my wife and daughter tell me to even sing slowly, in low volume even in my bathroom, lest the lyrics writer might commit a hara-kiri, but not  before they both tumble down in agony!!!!!!!.

It stands to reason that as you approach the final portion of life your brain becomes overstuffed with education, business acumen, sports stats, the latest Income Tax Act and Company’s law with Myriad sections and subsections and trivia, trivia, trivia. There can be room for only so much in a single cranium and when you go to squeeze something additional in, especially something as mundane as where you put the TV remote or such other things often get temporarily displaced”So says the Psychologists….

A possible answer to this over-stuffed brain problem is suggested by comedian Steve Martin in a 1998 New Yorker magazine article: “One solution for older men is to take all the superfluous data swirling around in the brain and download it into the newly large stomach, where there is plenty of room. This frees the brain to house more relevant information, like the particularly troublesome ‘days of the week.’” 

Not very practical, but at this point I would be willing to try anything. The amount of Girth I have around my Stomach,I possibly can intake not only my Brains's overstuffed trivia but of possibly half the neighborhood's brains stuff....!!!!!!!!

We are introduced to lovable but forgetful characters early in life. The beloved bear, Winnie the Pooh, had a bad memory. Forgetful Jones, a cowboy who can’t remember, appeared in many Muppet’s TV episodes and movies. Dory, one of the main characters in the hugely popular animated film Finding Nemo, can’t remember if she’s coming or going.This and other such instances give a solace to my life…that its not the age but even children suffer from such idiosyncrasies…

Juveniles of all ages have laughed at substance-induced forgetfulness…New phrases about forgetting have made their way into our vernacular – having a senior moment, a menopause moment,

The Young ones have a new lingo on forgetfulness…….There are text message abbreviations for not being able to remember, like CRAFT (can’t remember a freaking thing) and CRS (can’t remember s*#t), so it’s not just us older folks who have trouble remembering. 

P.G Wodehouse’s Goofy, aristocratic Bertie Wooster had the incomparable Jeeves to pull him out of scrapes,make him magical cures for hangover,lay out his clothes,serve his meals and tell what "hoochie coocher" meant."One of those demotic American worders for ardent spirit".

Some like me are not blessed with dream character like Jeeves and his Jeevesian Perfection.


Missus being privy to my predicament,gets philosophical:

“Your dementia is child like and harmless but what about the whole lot of Political class who've forgot to Rule and Govern,

The judiciary is in mess and forgets to judiciously decide cases,

Police  forgets to protect,

Teachers’s have forgotten to teach sincerely,

Doctors have forgotten to treat patients  right with smile and care,

Our Parliament forgets to function and legislate,

Our Society as a whole forgets to Treat Women Right

 Above all our Citizens also forgets to VOTE for the right candidate…”

Hmm….Point Taken Madameji….

And I added my two bits tooo...


Ekta Kapoor forgets to END her Saas Bahu Serials…and Bade Ache Lagte hain….

Rakhi Sawant forgets to control her tantrums……

The list is endless…..

Now before I forget to end this blog ………..

Cheerio………..

Don’t forget to add your comments, all those especially not suffering from dementia…..or else I may go find an appropriate impregnable wall to bang my head on………..

Wait. Wait….Now Where’s the Wall……….!!!!!!!!!:-))))))

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked your Menopause moment the Best ! Well Written :)

Unknown said...

You are a true author and against your own belief a poet, because you have it in you, 'TO FORGET'.

Hope you have forgotten the status that I had posted few days back on Facebook, Are poets and authors forgetful? and almost the whole facebook author and poet community had smiled and had accepted being one.

I am so proud of you my dear, to welcome to this breed of human beings, who have happily shed away the Random access memory..do not worry eventually would get used to us.. you keep writing and have all the fun!

Rajesh Thakkar said...

Thankx a lot Sangeeta ,frankly speaking its almost a year since I scribbled the last blog and somehow I was feeling fidgety to write anything,the words would not just pour out...Finally post my birthday,this post happened instantly..and yes I had read your update on FB...on the same topic..Thankx once again for your kind words...The idiots like me can scribble at times...

roopz said...

Thanks for sharing such a great post! Memories...

Regards
Village Girl

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here!
Good luck for the next!
My website : GFI Norte

Rajesh Thakkar said...

A big Thank you @roopz..

Alka Gurha said...

Ekta it seems has forgotten a lot and Rakhee never remembered anything in the first place. Enjoyed reading.

Anonymous said...

The Safari Top lead are ten dollars, crafts stores will be your Topper ally if
you are looking at for Christmas owl gifts for under fin dollars.

The Groovy chance to timeline in a display lawsuit that walks the fellow member through the authoritative
highlights of their life history.

Here is my site http://owl-gifts-decor.com/owl-bathroom-decor

Anonymous said...

When I initially commеnted ӏ сliсked
the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkboх аnd
now each time a comment is added Ι gеt four еmails wіth the
same comment. Is there any way уou can remoνe me from that
ѕervice? Many thanks!

Нere іѕ my blоg post; RPMPoker Bonus

Unknown said...

good good, I forgot, I had read it already..

Savitaa said...

Have I not commented on your Blog yet..... Uffffff, I forgot !! ;-)

It's a wonderful share and would say, you are an outstanding Author and a Poet. I need to learn a lot from you.....
Good Luck and Keep on writing !! :)